MARKETING COORDINATOR - Full Time (LOCATION: THUNDER BAY)
Apply before JULY 31, 2017.
Marketing Coordinator will assist in the creation of new development projects key to the progress of the existing business, particularly in the field of new digital technologies. They would be responsible for assisting with the business plan and implementation of these projects. The Marketing Coordinator would deal with research, procurement, project management, set up, marketing and business development of these projects.
Education & Training
Marketing Coordinator should have experience in large-scale project management and the ability to bring new projects to market as part of a team. A post-secondary certificate or diploma is an asset. Negotiation skills will also be key in order to be able to secure connections for new development projects.
The job of a Marketing Coordinator is to research industry trends, strategize and apply relevant marketing and business principals to new development projects. They will also manage and make use use of the resources of the agency and its affiliates to see a development project through to completion. They may:
- develop and establish the necessary research, procurement standards and business models for new development projects
- apply marketing principals and strategy in order to create a business plan
- work to see the business plan through to a final and completed project, including implementation and training of other staff in methods for the business development project
Skills and Personal Qualities
A Marketing Coordinator must be:
- quick to absorb and analyze large amounts of information
- enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative
- approachable, outgoing and diplomatic
- a clear communicator, in person and writing
- able to present ideas with conviction
- highly organized and flexible
- good with figures
- IT literate
- comfortable working as part of a team
- skilled at negotiating and motivating others
- commercially aware
- able to maintain confidentiality
How to Apply
This position is available immediately to those who can demonstrate that they have the qualifications and desire to succeed. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given to candidates, with a project management background who have direct experience with management of business development. We are willing to train someone with the right mix of experience, enthusiasm and desire. Salary is commensurate with experience.
This job is a FedNor sponsored initiative. The applicant must be under the age of 30 and must have graduated from a post-secondary institution within the last 3 years. Preference is given to applicants that reside in Northern Ontario or have attended a post-secondary institution in Northern Ontario.
Only those candidates who qualify for an interview will be contacted.